Sunday, August 3, 2008

X-Files: I Want to Believe

A play on the movie's title is too easy. I won't debase myself so.

I’m not one to agree with professional reviewers – who seem too often to forget the point of movies is to entertain, not rival literary giants in depth, meaning and poignancy – but I must concede in this case. Not so much because I thought the movie as a movie was so very awful, but because as an X-Files movie it was so very disappointing. I really wonder why they chose to make this movie. I have no problem seeing why someone would wake up and say they want to make another X-Files movies, I just don’t know what would possess them to make this X-Files movie. I don’t think any of the actors need the money. Is Chris Carter hurting financially? I just don’t get it. It wasn’t X-File-y at all. Verdict: Movie Rental if You Must

No comments: