Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Damn. I find myself on the same side as the professional reviewers on this one. A side I rarely wish to be on. I love Brendan Fraser. I really do. Part action hero, part comedian. I love this man. But I just don’t know – is he functionally illiterate? How could he not know that the things they had him doing and the dreck they had him saying was embarrassing? One reviewer said that Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh were wasted in this movie. Yeah. They so were. I just wanted to take a red pen to this script and hand it back to Mr. Fraser for his own good. But at least it tried to be original, unlike the second instalment. And it let go of that ridiculous “Evie is a reincarnated Egyptian princess” stuff. So I guess it tried. Good job on the trying. Bad job on the ... well, rest of it. (except showing Brendan Fraser with his shirt off. Excellent good job on that.) Verdict: (pains me to do this:) Secret Movie Rental

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Tomb of the Dragon Emperor met everyone's expectations... Brendan Frasier tries too hard to act, so you can tell he's acting