Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bedtime Stories

I pushed my way into seeing this movie with my niece and brother over the Christmas holidays. I doubt I would have seen it otherwise. I can take or leave Adam Sandler, but this was really kind of a cute movie. Entertaining. Not overly gross. Not overly dependent on mindless pratfalls. Kid-level goofiness and mis-steps. Funny. As far as I know, a good family movie. Who knows what families want to take their kids to these days -- one of the ads before the movie had snippets of the Pussycat Dolls video for their when-I-grow-up-I-want-to-be-more-of-a-skank-than-you-could-possibly-imagine song. I really, truly, honestly, almost covered my niece's eyes to prevent those images from settling in her psyche. (My brother's eyes are my sister-in-law's problem. ha ha) Verdict: Movie Rental

No comments: