Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wanted

Hot diggitty, that’s the stuff! Just what I’m looking for after a week of selling my soul for a paycheque. A little bit Fight Club, a little bit The Matrix, with some Office Space thrown in much to my delight. It’s impossible and cathartic and improbable and funny (although one of the jokes is specifically on an unsuspecting rat, which I am just unable to condone). I warn you, however, that I have a high tolerance for violence, especially stylized violence like in this movie, so take that into account when you consider my recommendation. Even I found it brutal at times and couldn’t say the close-ups of bullets breaking through people’s foreheads were my favourite bits. But did I mention it was cathartic? It was my kind of fun. Verdict: First Run Theatre

(I just cannot stress enough, however, how wholly and vehemently I disapprove of how he chooses to gain entry to the bad guys’ lair at the end. Not cool, man. Just not cool.)

No comments: