Friday, November 9, 2012

Looper

I'm going to do you a favour: I'm not going to talk about Looper.  Not really, anyway.  A lot of other people have been talking about Looper, and quite frankly I think it ruined it for me.  I went in expecting ... I don't know.  More than I got?  Different than I got?  The problem lies in the fact that your standard is different than mine.  If you say a movie is "x" -- well that means one thing to me that it might not mean to you.  And if you say the movie is "z" -- again, you're not in my mind.  Except, I forget you're not in my mind and I expect that I too would label what I find in the movie to be "z."  I wouldn't have labelled this movie "z".  I wonder, though, what I would have labelled it had I not gone in with someone else's expectations in my labelmaker.  You may, however, read what you wish into the following:  Verdict: First Run Theatre

No comments: