Monday, May 26, 2008

Summer's Near and Viewing is Easy

So, after a glut of months that have passed me by with nary a notice, I am rubbing my hands together in anticipatory glee.

Summer movies! Crashes and explosions and fight sequences and hot guys/cool chicks with guns, and a dash of animation and musicals to round out the day.

Watch this space for the following likely reviews from yours truly (in order of release):

The Strangers (I'm in an odd horror-movie mood lately. This should fit nicely)
You Don't Mess with the Zohan (probably, but I make no promises)
The Happening (I'll give M.N.S. another shot ... but his movies hit or miss with me)
The Incredible Hulk (intrigued by the presence of Edward)
Get Smart (more probably than Zohan, but we'll see)
WALL*E (should be cute)
Hancock (this is looking like a good contender for a summer fun day)
Hellboy II: The Golden Army (you got a problem with that? Hellboy was funny!)
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (mmm. Sweaty Brendan Fraser.)
The Dark Knight (have to hit all the blockbusters, or what kind of reviewer would I be)
Mamma Mia! (wouldn't be on this list if it weren't for Meryl. Again, though, may be at the lower end of the list, so I'll get to it when I get to it)
The X-Files: I Want to Believe (always fall back on the classics)
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (now my hope to satisfy my Indiana Jones cravings since Indiana Jones didn't do it for me)
Tropic Thunder (I have high hopes for humour here)

No comments: